- About Us
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
Financial Literacy Program
ISED Solutions’ financial literacy program works towards achieving three main goals:
- To provide organizations with the most up-to-date and tested U.S. based financial literacy curricula for New Americans with limited English literacy.
- To build the capacity of staff and volunteers across the United States to become capable and skilled financial literacy trainers.
- To assist more than 6,000 refugees and immigrants improve their understanding of and ability to use the U.S. financial system.
ISED Solutions uses multiple approaches to provide ongoing training and support for the trainers including; agency site visits, training workshops, consultation with agency leadership, and managed communication via LISTSERVS, phone, and e-mail.
PICTURE THIS is now available
A financial curriculum for refugees and immigrants who are unfamiliar with the U.S. Financial System
Picture This! is now updated to include credit card and electronic banking process and student handbooks are available in Amharic, Arabic, English, French, Karen, Nepali, Persian, Somali, Spanish, and Swahili!
The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning through visual aids, pictorial stories, life skills, games and concrete examples. It includes practical tools immigrants and refugees need to successfully manage their money in the U.S. and improve their financial self-sufficiency through budgeting, banking, savings and using credit wisely.
The course is organized into four classes:
- U.S. Money - focuses on money and on what we spend it. Students learn how to use a calculator, how to read and write numbers, and how to recognize the prices of common household items.
- Plan to Budget - provides tools to develop a household budget and a short-term budget so individuals can better manage their money and expenses.
- Bank On it! - teaches students about paychecks, U.S. financial institutions and different banking services. Students learn how to read their paychecks, cash their paychecks, open a bank account, make deposits, use a debit card, and use an ATM.
- Paying the Bills - offers hands-on activities to help individuals pay their bills and manage their credit and debt. Trainees learn how to read a utility bill, write checks, deposit checks, balance their check register, read their bank statement, and manage charge accounts.
Picture This includes the training guide, learning tools, training tools, and a Flash Drive with electronic copies of all the documents. Individual student workbooks are also available for purchase.
- The Curriculum details how to prepare and implement each lesson.
- The Learning Tools consist of a number of handouts and worksheets to be completed by the students either in or outside the classroom, and props to use in the classroom such as posters, accessories for games, and instructional notes and calculations.
- The Student Handbook in Amharic, Arabic, English, French, Karen, Nepali, Persian, Somali, Spanish, and Swahili provide students worksheets and guides.
- The Trainer PowerPoint guides trainer training and refreshes trainers following the curriculum with extra examples and techniques.
Purchase Picture This Online Today!
Purchase Our Financial Literacy Curriculum
There are different ways to purchase Picture This! The curriculum, CD or flash drive, and student handbooks are all available to be purchased individually. Or you can purchase a Training Kit. This includes one curriculum and five workbooks of the language of your choice.
Hire Us To Train Your Trainers!
ISED Solutions is excited to inform you about our Train the Trainer Workshop on our financial curriculum. For this day and a half seminar ISED Solutions will send a financial literacy expert to your organization to instruct your trainers with their students how to teach the course. Trainers will learn how to better deliver financial education training to refugees and immigrants with limited literacy proficiency.
Explore ISED Projects
- Financial Literacy Program
- Refugee Individual Development Account Programs
- Refugee Micro-Enterprise Development
- Refugee Agricultural Partnership Program
- Results Oriented Commercial-Organization Capacity Development (R.O.C.C.D.)
- Wilson-Fish Alternative Refugee Resettlement Projects
- Somali Bantu Refugee Community Development
- International Programs
- Small Business Administration PRIME
- Refugee Integration Work Group
- Research and Evaluation Programs
- Projects by State (U.S.)
- Projects by Country